This week we shared stories that advocate for and with people with disabilities from around the world. Really great stuff.
Here is a line-up of the links and take a trip down the rabbit-hole-of-awesomeness for more!
- We shared “Simon” and “Happy Birthday CJ”
- We identified some of the key, important messages and shared them together with a recap here in “Getting the Advocate Message”
- Simon is only one of eight great stories. Check out The Amy Street Productions: http://www.amystreet.net
- We can all use the super short advice from SCOPE in the UK – H.I.D.E. for ourselves and to teach our communities.
- SCOPE’s #EndTheAwkward campaign includes this video where folks talk about work: https://youtu.be/IyVcOdOMNEg
- Check out all the videos in this campaign here: http://bit.ly/2xyKALw
By the way, although we are across the great pond, one of my favorite interviews Marcus has shared about Black Day was on the SCOPE blog.
- You can check it, too, here: http://bit.ly/2ygBlNQ
- If you’re interested in the about/making of video we shared regarding Black Day, it’s here: https://youtu.be/s8yAImM0hPQ
- The Music Video and book/short trailer are also on our Youtube Channel Here: http://bit.ly/2fDRO7i
Storytelling As Advocacacy
In our next session, we continued with more videos. We are trying to make a point here, people!
A few trailers from TV:
- Born This Way: https://youtu.be/v7zIJAPFgOM
- Speechless: https://youtu.be/4u55WK6AbaM
Then there’s one of our favorite short films, “Learning to Drive” the trailer is here: http://www.learningtodrive-movie.com If you want to know why it’s a favorite, check out this review here: “What We can Learn from the Short Film, ‘Learning to Drive'”
Another great short film we didn’t get to talk about is “Menschen.” I was so moved by that film I wrote and wrote and wrote about it. Start here: “Menschen the Movie as Art: A Brief Review.”
- The Ruderman Foundation Make Room Campaign: https://youtu.be/_iK55KUUxVI
- Dear Future Mom: https://youtu.be/Ju-q4OnBtNU
- Things not to say to an autistic person: https://youtu.be/d69tTXOvRq4
BBC Three did several of the “What Not to Say” Videos and they are super educational, honest, and human. A few others, include:
- Things not to say to a person with Cerebral Palsey: https://youtu.be/kohcRR3VXyY
- Things People With Down’s Syndrome Are Tired of Hearing: https://youtu.be/AAPmGW-GDHA In fact, let’s juct roll that here:
- SO try a few and then you’ll get lots of prompts for more. Maybe take a day off work and enjoy. 🙂
Leave A Comment