Note: Apparently, I’ve reached a point/age where I want to call everyone “Dear.” Mostly in correspondence, not so much in real life, unless it’s in my head and I’m having the conversation in my head before I actually talk to the person, then I’m totally calling everyone “Dear.” I suspect it’s a precursor. Sometime in the future, I will be that lady calling everyone “Dear.”
So, just start getting used to it.
Anyway, this week my friends at FTSF prompted with “10 things you’re looking forward to.” I am lucky/blessed/and so on, beyond measure, I do not deny this. However, there is a tsunami of rough stuff looming on my horizon.
I see the water receding, I’m doing everything I can to prepare, and evacuation is not an option. Like the pending wave, I have no control over how big or when the pending events and circumstances will crash into my life. Likely with chaos, or maybe the brunt of the storm won’t be as bad as predicted…(not banking on that.)
That said, this prompt at first brought out all of those worries/concerns because, well, I just don’t know. However, back to the blessings, and my first world advantages, I decided to focus on these, some even simple moments, that I look forward to in the days ahead:
- A piece of chocolate, hot tea, and my warm comforter at bedtime.
- Cooking for my family.
- Getting my dining room table cleared of paperwork and thus suitable for friends to come over. I don’t know when this is going to happen, but I’m looking forward to it regardless.
- Next year’s football season. I’m a Cornhusker, what can I say?
- Reading. I have new books in the cue: and rereading the old favorite: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
- Real job. I work with a great team of professionals and craftsmen and women. For real. I love my job. Not that my job, or any job, is simple. But I do look forward to each next step in building our company, our team, and each business relationship.
- The next DSDN rockin’ retreat. I’ve never been to Nashville. I think. Well, I’ve never been to Nashville when I’ve gotten to see and enjoy it a minute.
- Watching an old movie or a BBC show with my Quinn. Currently enjoying the “Father Brown” Series and Basil Rathbone’s Sherlock Holmes movies.
- Watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade with Marcus, perhaps my favorite tradition.
- Weekend mornings that I slip away and carve out a bit of writing time.
Truth is, I feel better already. Thanks friends for the focus. What are you looking forward to? Tell us here or link up.
Finish the Sentence Friday is a link-up where writers and bloggers come together to share their themselves with a particular prompt (different formats each week of the month). If you’d like to participate, join our Facebook group. Link up your prompts below! Please no “link dumping.” If you include a link, comment on other posts.
And if you’d like to check out more about the books I mentioned, here are the quick links. They are affiliate links, just in case you were wondering, but I share them here mostly to make it easy for you to find out more: